Monday 16 April 2012

Bathroom Renovation: Our First Renovation is Complete!

Admittedly, the major components of the bathroom renovation were done at the beginning of March. However, it is the little things that make a room feel finished and so I waited until they were in place before doing the recap. Overall, it was an amazing learning experience. I feel that we did well in selecting the finishings and that this was the easiest part of the whole thing. Sure, it was time consuming but maybe that's why it went so well. In terms of hiring a contractor and communicating with them, I feel like I definitely have some room for improvement there.

I didn't think to take pictures of the room before construction began, but I've learned my lesson on that front. At least I have some photos of the room from when the previous homeowners still lived here.

Before:



And, here is the after:



Clearly we still have some work to do outside the bathroom, but the door and trim are in and completely painted.



 




So excited to finally get my paintings from Barcelona framed.




And, some of my favourite details:

Faucet and Concrete Counter


Schoolhouse Light from Restoration Hardware


Sconce that matchs the faucet


Doorknob that ties in with the rest of the house.

It feels so good having everything come together. I have to admit that even though we chose all the pieces ourselves, it still was a surprise when it all came together.

Now, what should our next project be?


1 comment:

  1. I guess my favorite part is the shower room and the sink area. =) I am always fond of glass shower room because it just looks so classy. On the other hand, the sink area is simple, yet so grand. =)

    ReplyDelete