Monday 27 February 2012

When Productivity is Not Your Friend

I had hoped to get so much accomplished on my renovation projects over the weekend. Alas, it didn't really happen. Yes, there was a wee bit of progress on all fronts, but I'm disappointed with myself nonetheless.

As of February 22, this was the to-do list for the Bathroom Renovation:


  • Contractor install new bathroom and window
  • Paint Ceiling - Coat 1 / Coat 2 / If necessary, Coat 3 and Touch Ups
  • Paint Walls - Coat 1 / Coat 2 / If necessary, Coat 3 and Touch Ups
  • Paint Trim - Coat 1 / Coat 2 / If necessary, Coat 3 and Touch Ups
  • Window Treatment - Select / Order / Install
  • Seal Concrete Countertop
  • Seal Floor Grout
  • Install Toilet paper holder
  • Install Towel bar

  • These are the only adjustments to the list that I can honestly make.



  • Paint Trim - Coat 1 / Coat 2 / If necessary, Coat 3 and Touch Ups
  • Window Treatment - Select / Order / Install


  • However, I've made other progress on the bathroom that doesn't fall cleanly into those points. For example, I did purchase an applicator for applying the grout sealant and a mask as well. Apparently the contractor didn't use his mask because he thought the room was ventilated enough and wound up in the emergency room for a couple of hours. I figured a mask would alleviate that concern and likely be a good investment considering all the renovations we are wanting to do in the future. I also picked up some organization and cleaning stuff for the bathroom such as:
    Random stuff that I now need for clear class shower doors!

    An organizer that fits around the plumbing.


    As of February 22, this was the to-do list for the Bedroom Renovation:

    • Paint Ceiling - Coat 1 / Coat 2 / If necessary, Coat 3 and Touch Ups
    • Paint Walls - Coat 1 / Coat 2 / If necessary, Coat 3 and Touch Ups
    • New Bedding - Select / Purchase
    • New Ceiling Light Fixture - Select / Purchase / Install
    • New Bedside Tables - Select / Purchase
    • New Table Lamps - Select / Purchase

    This is the only adjustments to the list that I can honestly make.


  • New Table Lamps - Select / Purchase


  • Now I just need to do a good clean up and get everything put away before taking some after photos. I even picked up a nice yellow pillow at Bouclair's while shopping for lamp shades. Unfortunately they don't have that pillow on their website, otherwise I'd show it right now.

    I'm getting really excited to put up some before and after photos!

    Here's hoping that productivity will be my friend again!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment