Did you have a good St. Patrick's Day?
Mine was busy, so I didn't have a chance to post. You see, St. Patrick's Day is a pretty big holiday in our house. A is predominantly Irish and his family always acknowledges the holiday. So, it has become a tradition in our home as well. Unfortunately, I need to learn how to break out the camera and capture some of the things that we do.
Basically, we invite friends and family over for an Irish themed meal and enjoy the company. Of course, there is Irish beer such as: Guinness, Harp's, Kilkenny, etc. but we don't make the day about drinking. This year the menu entailed:
- An Irish flag veggie tray - only green, while and orange vegetables of course
- An Irish Cheese tray - Irish cheddar with red wine, Irish Cheddar with Guiness and Dubliner
- Chocolate pretzels with green M&Ms
- Irish Soda Bread
- Corned Beef
- Scalloped Potatoes
- Guiness Chocolate Cupcakes
- Vanilla Cupcakes
- Both with Baileys Buttercram Icing
What do you do for St. Patrick's Day?